- Post Title: AV Installation Engineer
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Location: Head Office in Chessington
- Reports To: Head of Engineering
- Start Date: 31st August 2017
You will take on the required installation activities for on-site customer projects normally under the direction of a Lead Installer.
The installation engineer will typically work as part of a (minimum) two man team, ensuring that the engineer continues to be mentored and supported while on customer sites. There may be a requirement to complete simple installation tasks alone as skills and knowledge increase.
Upon training, the installation engineer will also be required to complete technical site surveys to ensure the success of our project installations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Complete on-site installation activities
- Complete relevant documentation
- Provide coordination with other trades
- Coordinate with and take direction from the Lead Installation Engineer
- Perform field install/troubleshooting
- Ability to manage small projects
- Positive and effective interaction with internal and external customers
- Serve as customer liaison in absence of a Project Manager
- Support Project Manager in the successful delivery of all projects
- Fault finding systems and resolve issues
- Carry out client witness testing where required in compliance with defined test plans
- Provide user-training to end client
- Complete system handover to clients receiving sign off and completion of final testing in accordance with test plans
- Communicate required changes to colleagues following processes and ensure data accuracy
- Ensure all work is performed to the company standards and ensure that ISO quality standards are followed
- Be proactive in suggesting new methods and techniques to improve efficiency
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- An up-to-date understanding of the AV marketplace, technologies and emerging trends
- Current technical knowledge of AV and VC equipment from major industry standard manufacturers
- Experience of installing the following:
- Video conferencing (Cisco, Polycom, StarLeaf)
- Mics and speakers
- Making cables
- Front and rear projection
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to understand project schedule and plans
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- Good understanding of IT and networks and the implications to systems commissioning
- Hold recognised accreditations or qualifications within AV
- 1 year minimum experience
- CTS qualifications an advantage, but not essential
- CSCS is required but could be completed upon appointment
- Provides exceptional customer service and accustomed to working in varied and high profile organisations
- A logical, detailed orientated approach to problem solving
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Be able to work on own initiative and accept accountability
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Works well under pressure, self-motivated, and able to multitask and prioritise
- Ability to be flexible and take on a variety of tasks as required, working well with a small team
- Ability to travel UK wide and internationally where needed (this is occasionally required)
- Ability to be flexible with working hours
- A valid and current driver’s licence is required
- To maintain a smart appearance at all times
In return you will work with some truly excellent people within our industry in a growing business with a great reputation.
You will be provided with leadership and support to enable you to flourish where your expertise is listened to, and your ideas tabled at every opportunity. We will commit to providing support, guidance and training to enable you to be successful.
The candidate will benefit from an exciting, innovative and fun working environment and the opportunity to progress.
Please contact us to apply for this job.