PRIVACY AND COOKIE POLICIES
avsnet is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
These two policies (together with our website Terms & Conditions and any other documents referred to on our GDPR page) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
avsnet understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal datais used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits www.avsnet.co.uk (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“Account”||means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;|
|“Cookie”||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 13, below;|
|“personal data”||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and|
|“We/Us/Our”||means avsnet Limited, a limited company registered in England under company number Company No: 5371995, whose registered address is Lynwood House, 373/375 Station Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2AW, and whose main trading address is 64 Barwell Business Park, Leatherhead Road, Chessington, Surrey KT9 2NY.
- Information About Us
2.1 Our Site is operated by Bamboo PR Ltd a limited company registered in England under company number 4461618, whose registered address is 5th Floor, 1 Portsoken Street, London, E1 8BT and whose main trading address is 5th Floor, 1 Portsoken Street, London, E1 8BT.
2.2 Our VAT number is 854 1369 18.
2.3 Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone on 0845 872 8222, or by post at 64 Barwell Business Park, Leatherhead Road, Chessington, Surrey KT9 2NY.
2.4 Our website maintenance provider is Prime Pixels Digital Agency, a subsidiary of AVIRTUAL Ltd, a limited company registered in England under company number 09716104, whose registered address is 279 Bluewater House, Smugglers Way, Wandsworth, London, SW18 1EA
- What Does This Policy Cover?
- Your Rights
4.1 As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
4.1.1 The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
4.1.2 The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see section 12);
4.1.3 The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details in section 14);
4.1.4 The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 6 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact Us using the details in section 14);
4.1.5 The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
4.1.6 The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
4.1.7 The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
4.1.8 Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
4.2 If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 14 and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
4.3 For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
- What Data Do We Collect?
5.2 business/company name
5.3 job title;
5.5 contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
5.6 IP address;
5.7 web browser type and version;
5.8 operating system;
- How Do We Use Your Data?
6.1 All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPRat all times. For more details on security see section 7, below.
6.2 Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
6.2.1 Providing and managing your Account;
6.2.2 Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
6.2.3 Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
6.2.4 Supplying Our products and services to you (please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
6.2.5 Personalising and tailoring Our products and services for you;
6.2.6 Replying to emails from you;
6.2.7 Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by contacting us or by unsubscribing on a marketing email sent to you).
6.2.8 Market research;
6.2.9 Analysing your use of Our Site to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience;
6.3 With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone and post with information, news and offers on Our products and services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
6.4 You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it.
6.5 We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data retention will be determined on the following bases):
- Your Permission
- Whether you are a current customer or supplier of avsnet or a company we are discussing solutions and services with *
- Legal and commercial requirements
- Any sector-specific rules,
- Other audit requirements
* After you stop being a customer or supplier or using our products and services, we may keep your data for up to 7 years for one of these reasons:
- To maintain records according to rules that apply to us
- To respond to any questions or complaints
- To show that we treated you fairly
We may keep your data for longer than 7 years if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons or to maintain the relevant personal identifier to ensure your right to erasure.
For further details please refer to Our general Privacy and Data Retention Policies.
- How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
7.1 We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 6, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
7.2 Some or all of your data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under theGDPRincluding:
7.2.1 Transfer it to a non-EEA country with privacy laws that give the same protection as the EEA. Learn more on the European Commission Justice website
7.2.2 Put in place a contract with the recipient that means they must protect it to the same standards as the EEA. Read more about this here on the European Commission Justice website
7.2.3 Transfer it to organisations that are part of Privacy Shield. This is a framework that sets privacy standards for data sent between the US and EU countries. It makes sure those standards are similar to what is used within the EEA. You can find out more about data protection on the European Commission Justice website
7.3 Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
7.4 Steps We take to secure and protect your data include:
7.4.1 The latest security updates issued by our website platform provider and third-party plugins
7.4.2 Security systems used to secure the integrity of website access
7.4.3 Strong security measures such as passwords
7.4.4 Regular self-imposed audits of website security measures
- Do We Share Your Data?
8.1 We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
8.2 We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
8.3 We may sometimes use third party data processors that are located outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). Where We transfer any personal data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR. Our third party processors include:
8.3.1 Mailchimp.com – an email marketing service used for internal emailing
8.3.2 Active Campaign –an email marketing service used to keep those who have subscribed to our marketing communications up to date
8.3.3 Constant Contact – an email marketing service used to keep those who have subscribed to our marketing communications up to date
8.3.4 Click Funnels – an email marketing service used to display product information, content and other relevant information that offers users the option to subscribe to
8.3.5 Prime Pixels Digital Agency– our website maintenance company that retains access to WordPress, the content management system that Our Site is built on
8.4 In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
- What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
9.2 In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will be given the choice to have your data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
- How Can You Control Your Data?
10.1 When you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emailsandat the point of providing your details and by managing your Account).
- Your Right to Withhold Information
11.1 You may access certain areas ofOur Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact Us for more details at email@example.com or using the contact details below in section 14.
- Contacting Us
- Definitions and Interpretation
|“Cookie”||means a small file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site;|
|“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”);|
|“personal data”||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data, as defined by EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and|
|“We/Us/Our”||means avsnet Limited, a limited company registered in England under company number 5371995, whose registered address is 373/375 Station Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2AW, and whose main trading address is 64 Barwell Business Park, Leatherhead Road, Chessington, Surrey, KT9 2NY.|
- Information About Us
- Our Site is operated by Bamboo PR Ltd a limited company registered in England under company number 4461618, whose registered address is 5th Floor, 1 Portsoken Street, London, E1 8BT and whose main trading address is 5th Floor, 1 Portsoken Street, London, E1 8BT.
- Our VAT number is 854 1369 18.
- Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone on 0845 872 8222, or by post at 64 Barwell Business Park, Leatherhead Road, Chessington, Surrey KT9 2NY.
- Our website maintenance provider is Prime Pixels Digital Agency, a subsidiary of AVIRTUAL Ltd, a limited company registered in England under company number 09716104, whose registered address is 279 Bluewater House, Smugglers Way, Wandsworth, London, SW18 1EA.
- By using Our Site, you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. Third party Cookies are used on Our Site for understanding user behaviour and trends. For more details, please refer to section 4 below.
- All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law. We may use some or all of the following types of Cookie:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
A Cookie falls into this category if it is essential to the operation of Our Site, supporting functions such as logging in, your shopping basket, and payment transactions.
- Analytics Cookies
It is important for Us to understand how you use Our Site, for example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics Cookies enable us to gather this information, helping Us to improve Our Site and your experience of it.
- Functionality Cookies
Functionality Cookies enable Us to provide additional functions to you on Our Site such as personalisation and remembering your saved preferences. Some functionality Cookies may also be strictly necessary Cookies, but not all necessarily fall into that category.
- Targeting Cookies
It is important for Us to know when and how often you visit Our Site, and which parts of it you have used (including which pages you have visited and which links you have visited). As with analytics Cookies, this information helps us to better understand you and, in turn, to make Our Site and advertising more relevant to your interests. Some information gathered by targeting Cookies may also be shared with third party systems.
- Third Party Cookies
Third party Cookies are not placed by Us; instead, they are placed by third parties that provide services to Us and/or to you. Third party Cookies may be used by advertising services to serve up tailored advertising to you on Our Site, or by third parties providing analytics services to Us (these Cookies will work in the same way as analytics Cookies described above).
- Persistent Cookies
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a persistent Cookie. Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit Our Site.
- Session Cookies
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a session Cookie. Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit Our Site until you close your browser. Session Cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
- Cookies on Our Site are not permanent and will expire as indicated in the table below.
- For more specific details of the Cookies that We use, please refer to the table below.
- What Cookies Does Our Site Use?
- The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose & Type||Strictly Necessary|
- The following third party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose & Type||Provider||Strictly Necessary|
- Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling Us to better understand how Our Site is used. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the products and services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) analytics Cookies to gather the required information.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) the following analytics Cookies:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose & Type||Provider||Strictly Necessary|
|_ga||Used to distinguish users||Google Analytics||No|
|_gs||Used to distinguish users||Google Analytics||No|
|_gat||Used to throttle request rate||Google Analytics||No|
|AMP_Token||Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client Service||Google Analytics||No|
|_gac_<property-id>||Contains campaign related information for the user||Google Analytics||No|
- Consent and Control
- Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a prompt requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies unless those Cookies are strictly necessary; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended.
- In addition to the controls that We provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- The links below provide instructions on how to control Cookies in all mainstream browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/microsoft-edge (Please note that there are no specific instructions at this time, but Microsoft support will be able to assist)
- Safari (macOS): https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_GB&locale=en_GB
- Safari (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-Cookies-website-preferences
- Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en (Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers)
- Further Information
- For more information about privacy, data protection and our terms and conditions, please visit the following:
NEWS, BLOG & EVENTS
FIND OUT ABOUT THE INDUSTRY THE MOMENT IT CHANGES.
Like all industries, technology is transforming the legal sector and the way law practices and the legal profession works. There are many exciting technology advancements enabling this transformation.read more