- Post Title: Internal Sales Support
- Position Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Location: Head Office in Chessington
- Reports To: Sales Manager
- Start Date: post available from the 3rd December
PURPOSE OF ROLE
In this exciting Internal Sales Support role you will have a complete understanding of the project outlines and scope of requirements to ensure a smooth delivery of any won project. You will be the initial point of contact for SCC AVS (formerly avsnet) customers and partners and responsible for communicating progress to all stakeholders, with the aim of developing excellent customer relationships that will deliver repeat business. We are looking for a high energy, team player who has the desire to succeed and progress in their career.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Working with the New Business Development Directors (NBDDs) to ensure a collaborative approach to supporting accounts, sharing existing and future projects knowledge and supporting each other’s roles and activities.
- Collating all information from pre-sales/projects/service to form the main body of the proposals. Commercial and Executive summaries written in conjunction with NBDDs.
- Attending meetings with customers both remotely and in person. Small amount of travel required (largely London/M4 corridor).
- Initial point of contact for all customers assigned to the internal AM, in support of the relevant NBDDs.
- Initial point of contact for partners with updates for projects.
- Working with pre-sales, internal sales support and suppliers to provide customers with quotations for both new projects and maintenance.
- Management of purchase order processing, tracking through to completion. Collaboration with sales support, operations and procurement.
- Request for technical assistance process ownership:
- Documentation (RFTA form)
- Arrangements for internal (presales/operations) & customer facing meetings or conference calls.
- Capturing requirements and agreeing actions.
- Following up with presales to agree a solution and approach.
- Customer communication throughout.
- Regular project updates with customers on supply only order updates and in conjunction with PMs assigned to each project.
- Regular customer review meetings to obtain feedback. Involvement of relevant senior management for these (e.g. NOC Manager, NBDD, Sales/Services Director) as appropriate.
- Summarising customer feedback upon completion of project.
- Working with Project PMs to provide internal feedback to all relevant departments involved in the project.
- Agree and track any agreed actions for process improvements with the Services Director.
- Feedback to customer, demonstrating SCC AVS’ desire to learn and improve, with a visible process.
- Supplier management, and bid pricing, supported by NBDDs.
- Managing the deal registration process with internal support for suppliers (such as Cisco), supported by NBDDs.
- Maintenance renewals – monthly management of this process, as required.
- Developing a thorough understanding of SCC AVS’ portfolio of solutions.
- Undertaking any other duties required to assist in the successful operation of the department.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To be successful we will be looking for someone who has previous experience in an internal sales positon, or can clearly demonstrate the desire to succeed. We are looking for individuals who have the following skills and qualifications:
- Experience of working within a successful team.
- Clear organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills – both spoken and written.
- Committed, shows initiative and takes ownership.
- Able to demonstrate how to effectively use other resources available.
- Confident and capable with MS Office.
Organised, flexible, helpful, driven and a self-motivator. You must be able to think on your feet, use your own initiative, be a problem solver, strong in your convictions – do what you say you will, when you say you will. To excel you will need to have a drive for excellence in everything you do and a clear plan.
You must appreciate the customer experience SCC AVS wants to provide, and take pride in knowing your work provides SCC AVS with the ability to successfully deliver the right solutions to our customers.
In return you will work with some truly excellent people within our industry in a growing business with a great reputation.
You will be provided with leadership and support to enable you to flourish, where your expertise is listened to, and your ideas tabled at every opportunity. We will commit to providing support, guidance and training to enable you to be successful.
The candidate will benefit from an exciting, innovative and fun working environment and the opportunity to progress.
Please contact us to apply for this job.