Kickstart employee productivity with this retail video communications case study
eCommera – a pioneering provider of intelligent ecommerce retail solutions – shows you how it’s done…
In this retail video communications case study, we outline how eCommera delivered an impressive increase in business efficiency.
With rapid global expansion occurring and a new central London headquarters on the way, eCommera engaged avsnet to design and implement a full visual collaboration and visual communications suite to connect its globally dispersed workforce and drive staff productivity in the new location.
eCommera had never included visual communications within its workflow before, so it was imperative that any solutions avsnet provided would be extremely easy to use to ensure user adoption did not suffer.
Other challenges avsnet overcame included:
- Understanding what solutions would best benefit the organisation as eCommera’s IT department was unfamiliar with visual technology
- Tight implementation deadlines and budgetary restrictions
- Delivering intuitive collaborative and communications tools that would actually be used by staff
- Working alongside the building management team, construction team and other partners
- Use of existing IT equipment to minimise unnecessary costs
Andrius Kasparavicius, Infrastructure Team Lead at eCommera, said, “We were very happy with avsnet’s approach during the consultation process. We weren’t entirely sure what technology we needed for our communications strategy, so avsnet worked closely with us to ensure we were choosing the right options. They explained everything clearly and simply, which made it easy to decide.”
Once avsnet had identified which solutions were necessary to meet eCommera’s business objectives, avsnet implemented the following:
- Bespoke collaborative meeting spaces for more effective project management, quicker decision making and communication with other corporate sites
- Breakout area with visual tools so staff can collaborate easily
- Extensive visual communications in all newly-designed meeting rooms
- Professional visual reception area to welcome visitors
- Solution design that incorporated legacy equipment for reduced cost and IT wastage
As avsnet puts end-user usage and adoption at the heart of its implementation methodology, eCommera received a visual communications estate that has become a critical part of its staff’s daily workflow.
Kasparavicius continued, “The video conferencing uptake has been very impressive and it has definitely helped speed up our decision making. Our staff now have an office they can be proud of and the usage we have seen is testament to this.”
Due to the successful staff uptake of the provided collaboration and communications tools, eCommera has experienced significant cost savings, increased staff productivity, improved business efficiency and a workforce that is more connected than ever before.
Kasparavicius concluded, “Not only have we seen cost and time savings, but there have been major savings to travel, which is hugely important to our team. From an infrastructure point of view, everything has been running smoothly. We couldn’t have asked for a better service from avsnet.”
"I would have no hesitation in recommending SCC AVS for any AV and VC projects, small or large."
"The whole process has been brilliant. We did initial user testing, chose to move forward immediately and haven’t looked back since."
"SCC AVS's engineering team worked long hours and weekends to make sure everything was in place and working. Add excellent after sales support and we couldn’t be happier."
"We were extremely impressed with SCC AVS’s knowledge, technical skill, delivery methods and their overall flexibility."
"We weren’t entirely sure what technology we needed for our communications strategy, so SCC AVS worked closely with us to ensure we were choosing the right options."
"The team fully understood what we needed and provided us with a range of communications solutions that we as a business are proud of."